Friday, April 5, 2013

Lace 'em Up!

Alright, so my marathon insurance didn't work quite the way I wanted/hoped it would. Rather than just throw away $80 in marathon registration fees, I've decided to transfer my registration to the half marathon and complete that. The downside is that I haven't been training at all and I now have 6 weeks to get myself ready to run 13.1 miles again. The upside is that now I've really got to focus and can't slack in the slightest anymore.

It's time to step it up anyways. I'm adapted to the new job and commute. I'm done with Holy Week at church so I don't have nearly the same amount of time in practice anymore. The days are longer and warmer. No more excuses. It's time to lace up the running shoes and go.

Mentally, I'm ready, too. The minute I switched my registration and knew that I was committed to the goal again, I got *that* feeling again. The one where I know this is gonna be a pain in the butt, but the rewards at the end will be worth it. And now I get to run through the zoo (which I wouldn't have been able to do on the full marathon), so I'm pumped. This is just the jolt I needed and once again, I'm starting to be able to visualize that 26.2 sticker on my car again.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment