Monday, February 25, 2013

Starting to Understand

In the past, I could never understand why the people around me disliked snow so much. To me, snow was an essential ingredient in making winter the season that it is. After a nearly snowless winter, Denver has finally been seeing its share of crystalline dihydrogen monoxide. Of course, all of it has started to come just as I've started to commute to work. I started my new job a week ago today and in that time I've had 3 commutes of more than an hour one way thanks to Mother Nature. I think I'm starting to understand why the world doesn't necessarily share my sunny outlook for snowy days. I won't say that I'm a complete grump about it yet, but I definitely groan just a little bit any time the weather forecasters start talking about snow, especially when it could affect my commute.

By next winter, I think I'll definitely have to be looking around for a new home someplace closer to the new job. And then I'll be able to enjoy winter to the fullest again.

Also, as a housekeeping note, the weather and my schedule have kept me away from libraries and coffee shops of late, so that's what's driving the lack of posts. I'm working on ways to better manage time right now and hope to have more posts on a regular basis soon.

3 comments:

  1. Guess what we are expected to get more snow tomorrow. Sorry Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Saw that. Fortunately, the sun seems to be shining now. Hopefully it won't be too bad when 5:30 rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walk to work this year so am sad to see winter coming to a close

    ReplyDelete